The Beach Dress. Where Skexy is Acceptable.

June 13, 2014

We're planning on going to Kauai in three weeks! Gah! And I've been so preoccupied with other things I haven't even given two thoughts to what I'm going to wear. Today I was looking for beachy summer dresses and I realized that what I like to wear on the beach and what I'd wear in real life are two TOTALLY different things. One might even use the word "skexy" (were skanky and sexy meet for some cocktails) to describe some of the dresses I've been eyeing.

Obviously the beach is a more acceptable place to show some skin. A bikini is basically a bra and underwear so anything more than that seems almost modest. So when I look at dresses like this I think "LOVE!" But honestly where else am I going to be able to pull that off? Going to the grocery store with my four kids? Um.....no. Better make a bunch of beach trips to justify getting it;-)
They're typically short. Like just covering your bum, short. Or totally backless or mostly frontless. They're usually flowy and made of see through material. All of these things sound (except the flowy) bad but on the beach I think they're lovely.
Are you planning a trip to the beach anytime this summer? Will you be adding a few skexy dresses for the sand?

5 {comments}:

Aeriena Eve said... Best Blogger Tips

Is there a source available for the first dress in the second set? (Full-length green & orange) It's so pretty!

Grosgrain said... Best Blogger Tips

@Aeriena EveYes. It's Anthropologie. Unfortunately it's all sold out:-( But maybe you could try to find it on eBay.
http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/pdp/detail.jsp?&id=20786471&catId=CLOTHES-NEW&pushId=CLOTHES-NEW&popId=CLOTHES&navAction=top&navCount=42&color=049&isProduct=true&fromCategoryPage=true&isSubcategory=true&subCategoryId=CLOTHES-NEW-SWIM&templateType=subCategory#/

ktea said... Best Blogger Tips

This was all I could think of when I saw this post. That being said, have fun in Hawaii!

http://jp7.r0tt.com/l_05a243c0-1751-11e2-a47f-31c2da200007.jpg

Rosie said... Best Blogger Tips

Did anyone else think of the movie, "The Dark Crystal," with the term "skexy"?

mashalive said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice outfit

Risper Faith

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...